"Rassam" is a traditional East Indian mung bean Dahl, packed with herbs and nutrition!
It can be used during a gentle cleanse/detox or as a general health engendering food.
- 6 Cups of Water
- 1 Cup of Mung Beans
- 1.5 Tablespoon (TBS) of grated Ginger root
- 1 teaspoon (t) of Tumeric powder
- 3 Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 TBS of Tamarind paste
- 1 t of Sea Salt
- 3-5 Cloves of minced Garlic
- 1/2 Chopped yellow Onion
- 1/8- 1/4 t of Cayene pepper
- 10-15 stalks of Cilantro minced
- 1.5 t of Cumin seed powder
- 1 t or Coriander seed powder
- Possible additions 1 t of Fenugreek/Black seed powder
Cook Mung Beans until mush about 45 minutes.
Add other ingredients as listed and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
Turn off heat and add Cilantro leaves, 1/2 TBS of Olive Oil or Honey to harmonize the Dahl.
Eat with Brown Basmati Rice and (Goat) Yogurt and most of all Enjoy!!!
~to Your Health.